Katara appreciation time:
- Can we talk about how she learned all her water-bending mostly by herself?
- Can we talk about her never ending ingenuity throughout the series?
- Can we talk about how she is only 13 and was able to defeat both a fire master (Azula) and a water master (Hama)?
- Can we talk about her pity towards the man who killed her mother?
- Can we talk about how she never stopped caring for her friends and family even in the worst situations?
Say what you want about Katara, but she is the best role model/friend you could have had in the entire series. She had always kept it together even when she lost her mother and when Aang had his issues.
Can we also talk about how she can be both entirely vicious and entirely compassionate almost at the same time
Wait, who talks shit about Katara? Seriously, fight me, because she’s is such a fantastic character. She’s one of the most skilled and creative waterbenders we see. She makes hard choices that no one should have to make, let alone a teenager. She’ll bloodbend someone who is threatening her friend, she’ll impersonate an avenging spirit to do what’s right, she’ll trap a borderline psychotic firebender nonviolently, and she’ll walk into a raging dust storm to bring Aang out of a potential Avatar State rage.
Team Avatar had some brilliant, incredible relationships on display, and Katara was at the heart of a lot of them.